14 August 2008

A personal touch

Back in the US after a busy and, nonetheless, eventful summer. I went back to my home country, and for some reason (which, of course, I am aware of) I felt more distant and alienated from its people, its culture, its noise, its buzz, it spirituality and its superficiality than ever before. I barely survived!
Also went to Europe, and lived in Germany for two months. I have never felt more at home than in Europe. It's in my blood this place- this continent's stoned streets, its corners and alleys, its people - both dead and alive, its architecture, its pretentious philosophy, its lofty finesse, its style and music. Even its 'common' people are acceptable to me! - This is the kind of freedom I experienced - for the first time in my life!
Now I am back into a retrogression, with an emptiness in my heart, which testifies to a certain lack of direction that I am currently feeling. I need a new project, a new alibi, an excuse, a new constellation, new planets around me, a rebirth, a new philosophy, a new love to pour into - i am single again! - and hopefully this time the container does not spill over!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"Wenn sich jede Sekunde unseres Lebens unendliche Male weiderholt, sind wir an die Ewigkeit genagelt wie Jesus Christus ans Kreuz. Eine schreckliche Vorstellung. In der Welt der Ewigen Wiederkehr lastet auf jeder Geste die Schwere einer unerträglichen Verantwortung. Aus diesem Grund hat Nietzsche den Gedanken der Ewigen Wiederkehr 'das schwerste Gewicht' genannt.

Wenn die Ewige Wiederkehr das schwerste Gewicht ist, kann unser Leben vor diesem Hintergrund in seiner ganzen herrlichen Leichtheit erscheinen.

Ist aber das Schwere wirklich schrecklich und das Leichte herrlich?

Das schwerste Gewicht beugt uns nieder, erdrückt uns, preßt uns zu Boden. In der Lieberslyrik aller Zeiten aber sehnt sich die Frau nach der Schwere des männlichen Körpers. Das schwerste Gewicht ist also gleichzeitig ein Bild intensivster Lebenserfüllung. Je schwerer das Gewicht, desto näher ist unser Leben der Erde, desto wirklicher und wahrer ist es.

Im Gegensatz dazu bewirkt die völlige Abwesenheit von Gewicht, daß der Mensche leichter wird als Luft, daß er emporschwebt und sich von der Erde, vom irdischen Sein entfernt, daß er nur noch zur Hälfte wirklich ist und seine Bewegungen ebenso frei wie bedeutongslos sind.

Was also soll man wählen? Das Schwere oder das Leichte?"

-Die unerträgliche Leichtigkeit des Seins, Milan Kundera

Tab